Welcome to My Home!

I just did a post on my family’s blog to show our family and friends back “home” what our home looks like here in Russia. I thought that I’d invite you all over as well! I only wish it could be in person along with a cup of coffee and some good conversation!

Also, I’ve had dreams of figuring out that “Linky” application that I’ve seen a bunch and inviting you all to link your own home tour pictures from your blogs, but since I haven’t gotten to it, I thought I’d just invite you to leave the link to your post in the comments if you have one (or you could even make a post if you wanted!). I think it is so neat to see how people create homes in all sorts of places and circumstances all around the world!

Leave a link to pictures of your home in the comments if you’d like to give us a tour! (I will try to catch anything that gets marked as spam as soon as possible since that happens sometimes with links, so if your comment doesn’t show up right away, check back soon.)

(Post by: Ashley)

10 Responses to “Welcome to My Home!”

1. 1 Kara Coe April 21, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Love it! Wish I had some pictures up to show the same!

2. 2 nlkamper April 21, 2012 at 1:35 pm

lovely place! And what is your secret to getting three kids to sleep in the same room?! We have two in one and a baby on the way, and we are trying to figure out how to make this work!

We are about to head state side for 6 months, but this is the house we have lived in the last year in Costa Rica while we were in Language School. We’re praying that God will lead us to the perfect house for our family when we return in the Fall for our first full term at our ministry.

3. 3 Ashley L April 22, 2012 at 9:21 am

Liz, I “visited” your place and it is just beautiful! Praying for a great new home come Fall!

And congratulations on baby #3! That is so exciting! As for getting 3 kids to sleep in one room, first I have to say that we didn’t do it right away. I had our baby in our room until she was about 7 months or something like that just because it was easier for me with night feedings. From that point though, our trick has been having the littlest one fall asleep in our room (in a pack n’ play) and then transferring her after everyone is asleep. They can all fall asleep in the same room and have done it before, but sometimes they play around and it just lessens the stress for me to have the littlest fall asleep on her own since we have an extra baby bed. If anyone wakes up in the middle of the night, even if they cry loudly, usually the other two stay sleeping or at least fall easily back to sleep. I didn’t realize how easily they would adapt, but it really has been so much easier than I had expected! I hope you guys find a great sleeping arrangement too!

4. 4 Laura at Pruning Princesses April 22, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Ashley, it is fun to see your house. And fun to see Liz’s (who has actually stayed at my house!) It’s fun to see connections. I don’t have a blog post on my home….it is typical Midwest cape cod. But it is fun to get to know you better. Thanks for sharing.

5. 5 nlkamper April 22, 2012 at 2:47 pm

How funny to connect here too Laura!:)

6. 6 thebauerfamily April 23, 2012 at 10:04 am

Here is a tour of my home. I love getting peaks into other people’s homes!

7. 7 Kelly April 23, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Here is the video I made for our supporters back home- so they could “join us” for our house blessing! It was such an encouragement to know people were “walking our halls through prayer” as we got settled here in Uganda! http://www.thehallahans.blogspot.com/2011/07/virtual-house-blessing.html

8. 8 Phyllis April 25, 2012 at 4:38 am

I did a kind of tour two years ago when we moved in here. It’s changed a lot since then, but this can give some idea of our home:

Also, we have three children in a bedroom. My secret is that I have to sit with them until they’re asleep. It’s pretty fast, if I’m sitting there reading or something. If I leave them… PARTY TIME! If there’s no way that I can sit there (guests or something), I can hug them and send them off to bed one at a time, giving each enough time to settle before the next comes in. Once they’re asleep, it’s pretty easy. They don’t disturb each other much at night.

9. 9 Celesta November 28, 2013 at 4:37 am

Reserve your paphos car hire for Honolulu Airport today and
    start out your holiday off right. Note that depositors under 100, 000, 000 a year — higher than in a country with a $25, 000.

10. 10 iron desert cheat October 21, 2014 at 10:57 am

You ought to take part in a contest for one of the best websites online.
    I am going to highly recommend this web site!