Tuesday Topic: What do you want to discuss?

Well, it seems that Tuesday has now escaped me for two weeks in a row. Yesterday I had an actual excuse because I was at the doctor’s office getting a cast put on my son’s hand during what would have been my blogging time. My poor little guy had a run-in with a large mirror at a shoe store and broke his pinky finger. What a sad and yet original way to break a bone.

(A huge cast for a tiny break!)

But that is not the point of this Wednesday Tuesday Topic. The point is that I’m fresh out of Tuesday Topics! So, I have a favor to ask. Would you consider taking a moment to email me a topic that you’d enjoy seeing discussed here at Missionary Moms? I love the issues that you bring up and so value each of the pieces of wisdom that you share in response each week. Email your topics/questions to: formissionarymoms@gmail.com . Thanks so much!

(Post by: Ashley)

6 Responses to “Tuesday Topic: What do you want to discuss?”

1. 1 Shilo February 29, 2012 at 7:39 pm

Here’s one…what advice would you give someone switching fields (ministry locations)?
    What do you wish you could tell your packing-for-the-field-for-the-first-time self now that you’ve been in your location for awhile?
    I’ll keep thinking. 🙂

2. 2 Shilo February 29, 2012 at 7:40 pm

Oh, and so sorry about Silas! What a bummer…God give you grace for bath times and play times, etc!!

3. 3 Amie February 29, 2012 at 9:44 pm

Praying for Silas Ashley!

What are creative ways you use on the field to connect with supporters and let them know you care about them and are praying for them?

What are ways you involve kids in your ministry presentations to supporters?

How do you engage your kids and help them feel involved in your ministry?

How do you help prepare your kids for the culture shock of coming back to the states?

What are ways you help your children deal with many transitions?

How do you involve your kids in language learning?

Favorite homeschool curriculum for overseas moms?

Those are off the top of my head 🙂 I have lots I’ll email you over the weeks. Grateful for you Ashley!

4. 4 Ashley L March 1, 2012 at 11:52 am

Thank you guys so much for the questions! They are great! Keep ’em coming! And thank you also for the prayers for Silas. It doesn’t hurt now that it is in the cast, thankfully, so he’s back to his busy self. I had a cultural moment today when two mothers were absolutely shocked and disturbed that I’d still send my son to pre-school even though he has a fractured pinky! Here they would keep their kids home for the 2 weeks until the cast came off, but I never in a million years would have thought to do that since the minor break is so well protected and he feels fine. I definitely won the “strange American” award yet again today! Oops!

5. 5 Shilo March 3, 2012 at 6:33 pm

I thought of another one…my kids’ sleeping and eating patterns are the things most affected by transitions. It seems to happen not just with major transitions like home assignment and return to the field but also with smaller transitions like going to field conference or traveling to visit churches. Any advice for helping them through this?

6. 6 Kara Coe March 4, 2012 at 6:50 am

I have another few ideas,

What does it take to thrive long term overseas? (related question: What has helped your kids understand the purpose behind their sacrifices to live far from their relatives and home culture?)

How has God called you to your current place and role?