Almost Back!

Hello friends!

My family and I made it back to Russia after a very wonderful trip to Seattle for the holidays followed by an amazing conference in Slovenia. Now we are home settling back into life.  As much as we loved all that we experienced in the past month and a half, it feels so great to be home! An unexpected blessing from this trip was realizing just how much God has changed and grown us and allowed us to truly feel at home in the foreign place that He has called us to live and serve. During our first couple of years overseas I couldn’t have imagined that I would ever feel more at home in Russia in many ways than I do in the place where I grew up! The concept of “home” is constantly evolving and being redefined in my mind as we live this semi-nomadic life. Praise God for our permanent heavenly home that we have to look forward to,  and praise Him also for the homes that He provides for us here as well!

So, we’ve traveled, we’ve rested, we’re almost settled, and I’m almost ready to get things going here again! I have some great posts waiting from some of the other dear ladies who contribute here, as well as a new feature that I’m excited to introduce! Hope to see you here as we get going again in the next week or so!

~Ashley

6 Responses to “Almost Back!”

1. 1 Shilo February 5, 2011 at 11:22 pm

Looking forward to having you back! 🙂

2. 2 Val February 7, 2011 at 1:11 am

Ashley,

I LOVE that God is changing your idea of what home is. . . and I celebrate your gladness at arriving “back home” after your visit to the States. There is a sense of wonder in your words, and I love that, too.

This post totally resonated with me. As our family lives a pilgrim lifestyle, I find myself longing more and more for my true home. And the day when there will be no more goodbyes.

In the meantime, I feel the gentle but relentless chipping-away of my own desires and definitions of “home”. The stretching and shaping continues. . .

The many stories represented here inform the way I relate to the people in my life. They remind me that we are part of a larger, better Story. I’m grateful for what you’ve created here.

Val

3. 3 Ashley L February 7, 2011 at 12:11 pm

Thanks Shilo! And thank you for your note too, Val! I also so enjoy relating with all of you wonderful women here who are also on this same adventurous journey. Praise God for technology that allows us to share life together in this way and to spur one another on from various parts of the globe!

4. 4 Phyllis February 7, 2011 at 1:54 pm

I’m glad! 🙂

Did I tell you that we got the cloth diaper grant, too?

5. 5 Ashley L. February 7, 2011 at 3:51 pm

No way, Phyllis! That’s so great!! I am loving ours. such a huge financial blessing. Congrats again on #4! I am so excited for you!

6. 6 search September 26, 2014 at 3:16 am

Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied
    on the video to make your point. You obviously know what youre talking about,
    why waste your intelligence on just posting
    videos to your site when you could be giving
    us something enlightening to read?