Tuesday Topic: Praying for One Another

We haven’t done a “Praying for One Another” post recently, and as prayer is one of the most powerful ways that we can bless one another here in our little community, I wanted to make another opportunity for that. Tuesday is often the day that we have the most visitors here, and today also happens to be the “Worldwide Day of Prayer” for my missions organization (perhaps others too?) so I thought it might be good time for us to focus on lifting one another up before our Almighty God!

Would you please take a minute to share one praise and one prayer request that you have? These can be personal or related to your ministry, etc. Please revisit this post in the next couple of days to pray for each of these requests!

Also,  I wanted to ask you all to please pray for a special need. My friend and co-worker’s 4-year-old niece, Chrissie who was adopted from Serbia last Fall, has been battling for her life after undergoing a major heart operation.  God is at work, but this sweet little girl is in desperate need of prayer and miraculous healing. Here is her blog address if you would like to read more: AllArePreciousInHisSight.blogspot.com

(If you would like to pose a “Tuesday Topic” question, please email it to formissionarymoms@gmail.com . Provide your blog address if you would like to be linked to, and specify also if you would like to remain anonymous. Thanks!)

11 Responses to “Tuesday Topic: Praying for One Another”

1. 1 Phyllis April 27, 2010 at 6:14 pm

I’ll be praying for little Chrissie.

PRAISE the Lord with us! We found a new apartment, and it’s really big! I’m so excited. We searched and searched and didn’t find anything, and then God gave us this one.

Please pray for my health. I have a sinus infection or something. Today I tried to go to a doctor (and for me, that means I’m really sick), but the power was out at the hospital. Pray that I’ll get well without the doctor, or that I would have a chance to go back later.

2. 2 Shilo April 28, 2010 at 12:44 am

Praying that God will show His mighty power on Chrissie’s behalf!
    Praise God with me that He has allowed me to lead a ladies Bible study. I have always wanted to do it but the timing was never right before and now…it has been just wonderful. I feel so blessed for the opportunity to study and share what God is teaching me! Please pray that I will communicate clearly truth and that the Spirit will teach us all!!

3. 3 aliciafox April 28, 2010 at 3:19 am

Praise for more relationships the Lord has brought into my life recently…believers and unbelievers. Pray that I will “Live wisely among those who are not Christians, and make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be gracious and effective so that you will have the right answer for everyone.”

Pray for our family as my husband has been teaching on another island for the last 10 days. We have 2 more before he’s home and are we ever ready! Kids have been sick for the last 4 days as well. (Fever and sinus stuff.) Praise for God’s sustaining grace while husband/daddy has been gone!

4. 4 Susan April 28, 2010 at 4:14 am

Praise the Lord for grace in settling in to our new house, city, school, church, etc.

Pray for wisdom how to lead our church and for unity and right hearts for these young believers!

5. 5 Stonefox in Asia April 28, 2010 at 4:29 am

I need this today!! We are doing furlough in 6 weeks and have so many details to arrange that it is just about to do me in. The mental and emotional stress of taking care of everything in addition to what is already on my plate is tremendous. And I’ve done this before! I’m not a newbie.

A praise is that we have some loving friends preparing a place for us in the states for our return. If we can get through the stuff here and the LONG flight with 4 small kids, they are going to take it from there. Praise God!!

Praying for little Chrissie…

6. 6 Patty Sommer April 28, 2010 at 7:56 am

Please pray as we have a busy month ahead. We have a two week missions trip coming up — my s-i-l is coming, yeah!!! — next week, and just found out that our co-workers are leaving for a month. The wife’s mom is dying. Pray for strength, physically, mentally, and spiritually; pray for safe travels for all those involved; pray for our co-workers dealing with reverse culture shock (this is their first return to the States) and grace as they spend probably this last time with her mom.
    We’ll be praying for little Chrissie.

7. 7 Ashley L April 28, 2010 at 9:47 am

I’ll be praying for each of you!

I’d love to praise God as we come up on the end of our first school year in a new city (we work with college students). We have seen the ministry grow tremendously after an initially challenging first semester with little visible fruit. Praise God for continuing to water the soil and for causing things to grow! We saw incredible things the second semester! I am also praising God that we’ve been meeting more neighbors not that the weather is getting nicer. It has taken so long to build relationships in our apartment building, but it is finally starting to happen!

Please pray for a healthy 3rd trimester of pregnancy and a safe and good birth experience. I can’t believe our baby is almost here! I’d also love prayer for wisdom as I continually re-evaluate my boundaries as my energy level decreases. I tend to want to do more than is healthy, and am working to resist that temptation.

8. 8 Phyllis April 28, 2010 at 11:56 am

I’m praying for all of you!

It was yesterday that I asked for prayer for my sinuses. Today is the first day that I’ve felt human in a week or two! The pain isn’t all the way gone, but it’s going.

9. 9 Leigh April 29, 2010 at 2:40 am

Wow, I feel so connected to you all just reading your prayer requests and praises. It is so encouraging to know as we embark on the beginning of our missionary journey, I have this community of women going through the same things.

Praise – God is continuing to provide in so many ways all that we need as we prepare to leave for South Africa the end of May. We are now at about 90% of our monthly finances!

Prayer – we are spending the month of May with our families in Vermont (we now live in Ohio), and then leave for SA the end of May. Please pray for the many emotions involved (you all understand them best!) in saying good bye, and for them saying goodbye, to us and to our baby daughter, their granddaughter. Although we already live in separate states, separate countries have whole new emotional implications. Please pray most of all that my husband and I rest, are filled up spiritually, stay strong and focused, stay united, and don’t get weighed down, distracted, fearful, or divided. I am afraid that family’s emotions may get us stressed or down. We need to be strong and prepared in the Lord to leave. Please pray also that my baby girl will transition well to all the new changes!

10. 10 Ana April 30, 2010 at 3:19 am

Praise the Lord for what He has already done!

We are taking a step of faith and planning a trip for me and Emma to visit my family at the end of June. I have been working so much and putting a lot of effort into raising funds with my shops, but as I have experienced through out these 2 years, God has wanted us to rely on Him and just Him. We have gone through huge emotional distress these last years and I am very much looking forward to seeing my family for a while, it would be a breather for me because some times I feel so dried out of everything that I need to continue with God’s plans for us here in Brazil.

I pray that I could be more at peace knowing that God has control over every singe detail of my (in faith) trip – but at the same time I’d like to see things taking shape because it would break my heart not to be able to make there before Emma turns 2 and then it get incredibly more difficult for us to travel.

I’d appreciate your prayers so that God can work a miracle and take us there.

Blessings to you all, my prayers are with you.

11. 11 Addie May 2, 2010 at 3:44 am

Praying for all of you! I could use prayers that I would be intentional about my ministry here, even though it is my home and I feel very comfortable, that I would be more outgoing in ministering to others, especially people unlike me. Recently I befriended a pregnant homeless girl and it brought me such joy to bless her in the little way I could. It showed me how often I overlook people as I go about my business day to day. Also prayer for that girl, Meghan, that she would continue to have a healthy pregnancy.