Some Time for Reflection

Like I mentioned briefly yesterday, I am going to put things on hold here for a little bit as we all reflect on Christ this Easter week. I hope and pray that this is a meaningful time in your relationship with Jesus as you reflect on the depth of His love for you and the magnitude of what His death on the cross has accomplished.

I’ll leave you with the lyrics from one of my very favorite hymns as an encouragement to you this Easter.

In Christ Alone

In Christ alone my hope is found,

He is my light, my strength, my song;

this Cornerstone, this solid Ground,

firm through the fiercest drought and storm.

What heights of love, what depths of peace,

when fears are stilled, when strivings cease!

My Comforter, my All in All,

here in the love of Christ I stand.

In Christ alone! who took on flesh

Fullness of God in helpless babe!

This gift of love and righteousness

Scorned by the ones he came to save:

Till on that cross as Jesus died,

The wrath of God was satisfied –

For every sin on Him was laid;

Here in the death of Christ I live.

There in the ground His body lay

Light of the world by darkness slain:

Then bursting forth in glorious Day

Up from the grave he rose again!

And as He stands in victory

Sin’s curse has lost its grip on me,

For I am His and He is mine –

Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

No guilt in life, no fear in death,

This is the power of Christ in me;

From life’s first cry to final breath.

Jesus commands my destiny.

No power of hell, no scheme of man,

Can ever pluck me from His hand;

Till He returns or calls me home,

Here in the power of Christ I’ll stand.

Amen!!! Happy Easter!

(Post by: Ashley)

7 Responses to “Some Time for Reflection”

1. 1 Summur Braley March 31, 2010 at 2:43 pm

Love love love this song!!!! Almost always brings me to tears!!!

2. 2 Addie March 31, 2010 at 10:36 pm

Amen! Thank you for passing this on! I love this hymn as well.

3. 3 Heather M. March 31, 2010 at 11:52 pm

Happy Easter! I hope you and your family have a wonderful celebration of the resurrection of our Lord and Savior. Are you going to do a post on how people celebrate Easter in the different countries in which they live–like you did for Christmas? If so, I’ll try to take some pics!

4. 4 Rena April 1, 2010 at 3:28 pm

This song has been special to me for a couple yrs now. May your Easter be meaningful and blessed!

5. 5 Rena April 1, 2010 at 8:56 pm

I tried leaving a comment on the “Want your blog listed?” but it kept discarding it. So I’ll put it here in the hopes that you’ll see it. I would like for the following blog to be listed, please. 🙂

anaspinkroses.blogspot.com

6. 6 odonnells April 4, 2010 at 7:54 am

oh my goodness, oh my goodness! i have been looking for something like this for ages! (well, two years isn’t exactly “ages,” but still.. it feels like that when you’re overseas!!) i have you bookmarked and am eager to read more when i can and get to know the ladies posting and commenting here! my name is jamie, by the way, and my family and i are serving in japan. so glad God led me hear today, via google 🙂

7. 7 Ashley L. April 4, 2010 at 12:26 pm

Happy Easter, everyone! I hope you all have a wonderful celebration today! I know God has used this week in profound ways, even through some unexpected circumstances, to show me more of the depth of his love, sacrifice, and forgiveness, as well as my utter need for Him. (Read into that “very frustrating week as a mom, displaying all the more my need for Him.” Praise God that we live in victory in Him!)I pray that He has drawn you closer to Him this week as well!

And Jamie, it is so great to meet you!! I can’t wait to get to know you more and am happy that Google got you to this page! Blessings!