Praying For One Another

If you have been a reader here for awhile, you’ll know that about every month or so we have a post to share prayer requests.  I hope and pray that this blog is not just a place to find information and be entertained, but a place to be encouraged, drawn closer to the Lord, and to be blessed through community. Though we live countries and oceans apart, prayer is one way that we can serve one another in a very real and powerful way as we seek the Lord’s blessing and hand upon one another’s lives.

How can we pray for you today? Please revisit this post and spend some time praying for your sisters and fellow laborers in Christ!

(Post by: Ashley)

10 Responses to “Praying For One Another”

1. 1 Kelly January 29, 2010 at 12:22 pm

Just got word that our big 5 week training has been postponed because we aren’t far enough along in our fundraising. We need 50% and we only have 39%. So as if only having 39% isn’t discouraging enough, the month of april we had blocked out for training now has to be filled 😦

PRAY against our discouragement. PRAY that Jesus would reveal bits of His timetable, and assure us He knows best. PRAY that we would trust Him. PRAY that we would keep working hard, loving people, sharing God’s vision for Uganda, and protecting our marriage and family in this transition time!

THANKYOU

2. 2 Ashley L January 29, 2010 at 12:33 pm

Kelly, I’ve been praying for your support, and I’ll keep doing so! I will definitely be praying in the other ways that you have asked us to. Be encouraged too that many of us have found ourselves very much in the same place! My husband and I got our initial departure date pushed back an entire year compared to what we had planned, but in hindsight we can completely see the Lord’s hand in it. I am praying that He will show you His purposes in this!

I would love prayer for continued opportunities to build relationships and to share the gospel with people in our community, and especially with moms. We are getting to know more people in our new city and are feeling more encouraged, but it is still a challenge in this seemingly closed off community that we live in. Please also pray for strength and energy as I care for my kids while my husband is away on a trip for a week soon. Thank you!

3. 3 Heather January 29, 2010 at 3:43 pm

Hi Ashley,

My husband and I have an extremely important meeting on Feb. 4th. The fact that we even have this meeting is a work of God. Please pray that my husband and I will speak with passion & clarity and that we are able to make an instant connection with all those attending the meeting.

In preparation for this, we have been praying Rev. 3:8, ‘that God would open up doors that no man can shut.’ May His grace and mercy be on us.

I will continue to check this post and pray for those who have posted requests. We serve a great and mighty God!

Thanks,
    Heather

4. 4 Laura January 29, 2010 at 8:27 pm

Hi Ashley –

We are in the midst of moving into missions work in Honduras – I posted in the past with our home school blog, The World is our Classroom.

I ask for prayers about our upcoming spring trip to Honduras to take our oldest 2 children and 5 friends with us. May my desires be focused on pleasing the Lord, not meeting the needs of everyone traveling with us. May our group bear much fruit in His name as we minister to children and complete several work projects. May our children feel comfortable with the environment and may they see God’s hand in this calling.

Thank you, ladies, for praying. I can’t wait to be a party of this group as we get out into permanent missions work in July.

I’ll be in prayer for you and Heather and Kelly and anyone else who posts. Blessings to each of you!
    Laura Waits

5. 5 RebeccaC January 30, 2010 at 1:59 am

Hi, Ashley (and everyone else, too!)!

Very timely — we’re leaving home (Mexico) tonight for a 6 week trip in the US.

Pray for: safe travels, health for our crew, health and God’s blessing for the family who is watching our house here for us, God’s will to be done through our time in the States. We’ve had “other people” with us (visitors, workers, missionaries) in our house since October and we are very ready to regroup as a family and spend some time reconnecting. Pray that God would be glorified in our family!

Kelly — just a word of encouragement about support-raising: you need to pray for God’s will in your support and then believe that you are at %100 of where God intends for you to be. He is not at %39. He’s not even at %50! ;^) What your mission organization (or even your family) sets as a goal doesn’t really matter in the larger scheme of things. Believe that God is in control and for whatever reason He is asking you to trust Him more. You’re in my prayers, sister!

Praising God from whom ALL blessings flow!!!
    — Rebecca

6. 6 Ashley L. February 1, 2010 at 2:23 pm

Thank you so much to each of you for sharing your requests! I’ve been praying for you!

7. 7 Ana February 1, 2010 at 5:33 pm

We are having a not-so-fun time at our new apartment, we are living with other people until the end of February and it’s been a very unpleasant experience, we feel not-welcomed and my husband has been very ill with allergies since we arrived on top of that we have both been very homesick, specially me, even kind of depressed… we are starting Ministry projects next month and I don’t feel 100%. Really need prayer. Thank you so much!

8. 8 Addie February 2, 2010 at 12:27 am

Praying for all of you ladies! We could use prayer in adjusting to life with three kids–Wesley was born on Thursday January 28th! I’m feeling really good and my recovery went great, but I know the lack of sleep and other responsibilities will eventually get to me.

9. 9 Patty Sommer February 2, 2010 at 7:51 pm

My husband and I have been hoping for a third child for a while now. My oldest just turned six and my second-born just turned three. My plans have turned out to be much different than the Lord’s! Pray that I would be patient and accepting of the Lord’s will and timing in all of this.
    I’ll add your requests to my list!

10. 10 Phyllis February 4, 2010 at 11:35 am

I’ve been coming here almost daily, checking and praying, but I couldn’t think of what to ask you to pray about for me. Now I know:
    We have a visa trip coming up, somewhere around March 25th. I used to love these trips, but I’m having a hard time getting excited about this one. Also, the details just aren’t coming together. Please pray for my attitude and all those bothersome little details!