Schooling Options: I need your help!

Hello Friends!

I am hoping to put together a series of posts on the topic of schooling options on the mission field, but I am going to need to borrow some of your wisdom! If you have school-aged kids and are serving overseas, would you be willing to participate in a brief survey to share about your experience? I am hoping to put together a series of posts on various schooling options, their pros and cons, and to share some of your experiences as encouragement for other moms.

Please email me (Ashley) at formissionarymoms@gmail.com or leave a comment on this post to let me know if you would like to participate. I need moms to share on the topics of:

Home-school and Home-school Co-op

National School

International School

Missionary School

Internet School/ Correspondence

Boarding School

Other options?

Please get in touch with me and I’ll send you the survey! Thank you so much!

(Post by: Ashley)

6 Responses to “Schooling Options: I need your help!”

1. 1 Keri January 28, 2010 at 9:01 am

I would be happy to give some input here. We work at a school for MK’s here in Madrid and also host boarding students in our home.

2. 2 Ashley L. January 30, 2010 at 6:26 am

Thank you so much to those of you who have agreed to participate in the survey! I will be sending that to you soon! Also, I am still looking for more help, so if you are interested, please email or leave a comment! Thanks!

3. 3 Karen January 30, 2010 at 10:06 am

I’ll give some input also. We are serving in Ukraine, and have been homeschooling – our oldest will graduate in June!

4. 4 Phyllis January 30, 2010 at 1:32 pm

I would be happy to answer. We just started homeschooling. I’ve also worked in Russian schools, so I have some experience there.

(Karen, we’re in Ukraine, too!)

5. 5 Patty Sommer February 2, 2010 at 7:47 pm

Ashley, If you still need help,I’d be happy to do so! I just started homeschooling last year. I also taught in a private school in the States before moving to Ghana. Just let me know!

6. 6 Richelle February 16, 2010 at 1:22 am

don’t know if this is too late to let you know – but we’ve got experience with several different schooling options – national schools, private schools, boarding/day mk school, internet options, home school…