Giving Thanks

“And let them offer sacrifices of thanksgiving, and tell of his deeds in songs of joy!” Psalm 107:22

I hope you are all enjoying making preparations for Thanksgiving! I am praying today that God would prepare each of our hearts to be filled with gratitude and that we would truly use this day to give thanks to God. I am praying against the pressures and stresses that would like to detract from the essence of this holiday and hope all of you have a joyful and worshipful time as you prepare food, get your homes ready, and celebrate with family and friends.

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, please take a moment here to give thanks to God and encourage your sisters in Christ by sharing one or two things that you are grateful for this year!

Also, as a little side note, Missionary Moms will be taking a brief break for the next week as we savor the holiday and enjoy some restful time just being together as family. Be sure to come back next week though as we start preparing for Christmas and begin some discussion on the significance of tradition!

(Post by: Ashley)

9 Responses to “Giving Thanks”

1. 1 Ashley L November 24, 2009 at 12:31 pm

I am thankful to God for my family, both immediate and extended that I love so much and take so much joy in. They are such a blessing in my life, even though there is much distance between many of us. I am also thankful that God has been so gracious to us by allowing our move to our new city in Russia to go so smoothly and for blessing us so much along the way, even in circumstances that often looked like they would bring much trial. I can’t thank God enough for His grace in my life.

2. 2 Kelly November 24, 2009 at 1:50 pm

I am thankful for this season of preparation before we head to the field. It would be easy to get discouraged- but I am grateful for family close by, for God’s constant provision, for the lessons He is teaching us, and for special memories we’re making to carry with us to Uganda!

3. 3 Vicky November 24, 2009 at 1:52 pm

I am grateful for the ways God has granted grace to us over this past year. In circumstance and through the molding of our hearts His hand has felt quite near to my family. I am so thankful for the goodness of this and the fruit it is producing in our lives.

I am thankful that we now have a place to live in a new city!

4. 4 Sarah W November 24, 2009 at 2:11 pm

I am thankful for so much I am not sure this box could hold it all! 🙂 I am thankful that Ashley posted that Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe a few weeks back!

Seriously though, I am so thankful for my salvation! It’s for that reason that most everything else falls into place. Without Him I would have nothing!

I am thankful for a wonderful husband and two precious children and families on both sides that love and support us in what we do.

I am thankful to serve in this wonderful country of Botswana!

There is so much to be thankful for!!! Have a great Thanksgiving ladies…..however it looks, we do have a lot to be thankful for!

5. 5 Janna November 24, 2009 at 5:06 pm

I’m thankful for all the public parks where I live. There are four within walking distance and my babies and dog and I have an awesome, free time at the park every day it’s not raining! Oh and the library – also free entertainment!

I’m thankful for the holidays. Can’t wait to celebrate with my family!

6. 6 Ana November 25, 2009 at 9:13 am

I am thankful for the missions field, for my family, for this Country (Brazil) and for fellow missionary moms who are amazing (you) blessings and hugs.

7. 7 Ana November 26, 2009 at 2:22 am

Happy thanksgiving Ashley, hugs!♥

8. 8 Addie November 26, 2009 at 4:21 am

I’m thankful for my family and how God is working to sanctify us. He has worked especially this year in my marriage and in making me more patient with my children.

9. 9 removing popcorn ceiling August 5, 2013 at 10:12 pm

You really make it appear really easy along with your presentation but I find this topic to be actually
    something which I think I would never understand.
    It seems too complicated and extremely wide for me.
    I’m having a look ahead for your subsequent post, I will try to get the cling of it!