Praying For One Another

praying

“Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise. Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working. Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed fervently that it might not rain, and for three years and six months it did not rain on the earth.  Then he prayed again, and heaven gave rain, and the earth bore its fruit.” James 5:13-18

Lord calls us to pray continually and is moved to respond as we come to Him with our praises, needs, thanksgiving, and adoration of Him, and one of the greatest ways that we can love and bless one another is by lifting each other’s needs up before God. As we continue to relate to one another here and strive to bless and encourage one another through sharing life together, I hope we will often remember and bless one another through prayer.

Would you take a minute to share any current prayer needs or praises that you might have? Let’s join together and serve one another as we pray for each other!

Also, here and here are two recent posts where prayer requests have been shared in the comments. Many of these requests are still current needs, so please pray for them as well as you have time!

12 Responses to “Praying For One Another”

1. 1 Ashley L October 7, 2009 at 1:04 pm

I’d love prayer for our family as we face the obstacle of renewing our visas in the next month. It is going to require a 2-3 week trip out of the country that we aren’t that excited about. Please pray for the extra finances required to make this trip, as well as for God to help us make the best use of the time away from our normal life and ministry. I’d also love prayers for my patience and attitude as well as we will likely have our family of 4 sharing a single hotel room for these weeks, which isn’t sounding too fun at the moment. Thank you for your prayers!

2. 2 Ashley L October 8, 2009 at 11:08 am

Nobody needs prayer? I’ll pray for you anyway! =)

3. 3 RebeccaC October 8, 2009 at 3:35 pm

If you’re offering free prayer, I’ll take it!!! ;^)

Personal stuff: Sarah (oldest child) is away from home until Christmas teaching at a Christian deaf school. For financial reasons, we won’t be able to see her until November. Sigh. School is just getting started at our house, so that means a little more stress for me (Teacher Mom). I threw my back out two weeks ago and am still struggling with muscle-related headaches. Ugh.

Ministry stuff: Several “staff changes” are in the works. Not sure what God has planned, but it will be interesting to see how He works this all out. School of Ministry will be starting up in January 2010 — we’re praying about how God would have us partner with the school (if at all) — there are (as always) “issues” and “politics” to consider. No details; just pray.

Village stuff: Fishing season has NOT been good and the economy (which is very fish-dependant) is not doing well. One of the brothers, Pedro, is in advanced stages of Alzheimer’s disease — very hard to watch him deteriorate and hard on the family, too (financially and emotionally).

General stuff: Just pray that God would be glorified in our lives, in our home and in our ministry. That’s our hearts’ desire!!!

I’ll be praying for you, too, Ashley!!! The testing of our faith works patience, right?! :^)

4. 4 Ana October 8, 2009 at 8:23 pm

I’m praying for you Ashley, I know very well those Visa runs and they are not all that fun (and not pocket friendly).

We are in the process of getting our VISAS here in Brazil and we also need lost of funds, I’d appreciate it if you could help us pray 🙂 Thank you

5. 5 Addie October 8, 2009 at 9:10 pm

Praying for you Ashley, Rebecca and Ana! We would appreciate continued prayer for my pregnancy and for my husband’s recent health problems that are appearing to be chronic. He has constant dizziness and lightheadedness and has had lots of tests done which all came back normal. So prayer for endurance and trusting that God will teach us through this would be appreciated. We would also ask that he’s healed if it’s God’s will!!

6. 6 Jami Gustafson October 9, 2009 at 4:02 am

My grandmother died two weeks ago (on the heels of a good friend dying and another friend/teammate moving away). My heart is just kind of weary.

7. 7 Shilo October 9, 2009 at 1:55 pm

I’m asking the Lord to bring an unsaved lady into my life to build a friendship with. Thanks!
    I’ll be praying for you other ladies as I go through my morning. God bless you!

8. 8 Ana October 9, 2009 at 6:23 pm

I am praying for all the requests above… blessings

9. 9 Jen October 9, 2009 at 6:41 pm

I’ll be praying too. I could use prayer. We’d love to have another baby sometime soon. It’s God’s timing, but it’s hard to wait.

Blessings,
    Jen

10. 10 Susan October 10, 2009 at 12:01 am

Please pray for an upcoming 72 hour EEG that needs to be scheduled for my 15 year old son…we are praying for him to be “labeled” healthy and give a stamp of approval for medical clearance as we hope to head back to Japan soon.

Also prayer for our support!!

11. 11 Ashley October 10, 2009 at 9:27 am

I’m praying for each of you! Thank you for praying for me too!

12. 12 Richelle October 14, 2009 at 1:13 pm

I’ve got two prayer requests:
    1) We are on home assignment and have a discouragingly large chunk of support to raise before we can return next summer.
    2) It is great to be “home” and busy with church, Christian school for our kids… but it is so easy to get so busy with all of this that I struggle with how in the world are we being salt and light to the world. So, prayer for God’s opportunities to love others would be greatly appreciated.