Back to Russia and Gearing Up

iStock_000007937009XSmall

Hello Moms!

We’ve successfully made our transition back from our Seattle-based furlough to our home on the field in Russia. After 2 days of international travel, almost two weeks of conferences, and about two more weeks of getting moved in and settled, life is beginning to stabilize.  I am praising God for being our supernatural strength in the midst of these transitional weeks. I am sure that many of you can relate with me in this feeling. Successfully moving a family internationally is quite near to being a miracle of God! Though of course we’ve endured some moments of exhaustion, God has blessed us with so many joyful moments as we make this move as a family and reconnect with the mission and ministry that God has called us to here. As heartbreaking as it was to say goodbye to loved ones yet again, it also feels so wonderful to be back!

I just wanted to say hello again and to let you know that I have prayed this summer for you who read and participate here, that God would bless your families, your ministries, and your personal walks with God, and that He would give you grace and mercy to live joyfully in the things that God has called you to.

Like I mentioned previously, I’ve been working on a few new things that I am very excited about. They are still in the works, so you won’t likely see a ton of new things for awhile, but I have been in the process of inviting some amazing women to help be a part of posting here and sharing their wisdom and encouragement. One thing that I am especially excited about is taking Titus 2 to heart, even on this blog, and drawing from the wisdom of others who have many more years of experience and insight to draw from and who can encourage us towards Christ in our roles as mothers and missionaries.

I have also invited a some women who are younger missionary moms, that despite their age and years of experience have much wisdom, encouragement, and many special skills to encourage us with. Please pray for me as I work towards implementing these new plans. Thank you!

I look forward to getting back to regular postings as we become more settled and as I find more spare moments in the day. God bless!

Is there any way that the moms who read here could be praying for you today? If so, please post your request in the comments so we can begin to rebuild some community here by being in prayer for one another!

14 Responses to “Back to Russia and Gearing Up”

1. 1 Ashley L September 6, 2009 at 2:36 pm

I would love prayer that we would soon become connected in our community in our new city in Russia! I have been mourning the loss of the close knit community that we had in our previous city and am praying for opportunities to get to know and serve our new neighbors in this more urban city. We would also love prayer as we figure out our place in a new ministry and as we seek the Lord to help us be as effective as possible in the ministry he has called us to. Oh, and if anyone is eager to pray for one more thing, please pray for my Russian language! It is progressing, but I have a long way yet to go!

2. 2 Jen September 6, 2009 at 3:36 pm

Our family could use prayer. My husband resigned from his ministry position in April and has been out of work since the end of May. We are seeking God’s leading about whether He wants us in full-time ministry still or out. Our desire is to stay in but God hasn’t provided any open doors for us yet. Meantime, the financial support we were receiving from our church has ended and we are both seeking any temporary work we can find which in the states is difficult at the moment. With the recession it’s a tough time to be jobless if God is indeed taking us out of full-time ministry. I’m grateful to anyone from this group that would feel led to lift us up in prayer. I will take time to pray for all the other requests posted here as well. Thanks Ashley for providing this. Also, Ashley, do you have a personal website that we can get to know you more?
    Thanks,
    Jen
    (pastor’s wife in the USA)

3. 3 Susan September 6, 2009 at 4:31 pm

I am sure re-settling takes a chunk of time and energy.

Please pray for us to be able to return to Japan from our Home Assignment…we have already been delayed…we are praying for medical clearance and financial support. Trusting God for both!!

4. 4 Kelly September 6, 2009 at 5:18 pm

We are in the midst of our first Home Ministry assignment, preparing for our first term to Uganda. Pray that God would direct our steps as we share His vision for Uganda and that He would provide for all our needs!

5. 5 Ashley @ Missionary Moms September 6, 2009 at 5:24 pm

I am praying for you, ladies! It sounds like God has many of is in a season of transition. I will be praying for the Lord’s guidance and provision for you, Jen, and for strength and provision from God for you, Susan!

Jen, thank you so much for wanting to get to know me a bit more. I’ve enjoyed your blog too and checked out your Legacy Prayer Journals via a link on Joy’s “The Stay At Home Missionary” blog. Beautiful!

I do have a family blog. It has been rather neglected this summer (much like this blog) and is very much lacking color as I didn’t post a ton of pictures, but I would be happy if you and anyone else wanted to check it out. The address is http://www.TheLatvalasInRussia.wordpress.com Some of the posts are password protected, so if you would like that password, please just drop me a note at formissionarymoms@gmail.com. Thanks so much!

6. 6 Ashley @ Missionary Moms September 6, 2009 at 5:56 pm

Kelly, I am praying for you too! When do you leave? I’ll pray for your needs and vision casting, and also that God casts vision to your own hearts as you share about the work He is calling you to!

7. 7 Julie September 9, 2009 at 1:26 am

Praying for you all! Welcome back Ashley! We just recently returned back to our mission field from furlough and are so happy to return to routine and our own beds! Hope your transition is smooth…

8. 8 Jami Gustafson September 9, 2009 at 5:20 am

Welcome back!

We’ve had a rough last month as we’re grieving our friend and teammate’s death. Also, another close friend and teammate is leaving the field in two weeks. She’s a daily part of our lives right now.

And there’s always my Russian language. It’s so bad!! And I’m so not motivated to make it better! I’d love to have creative ideas of how to connect with people while I work on growing in this area.

Praying for you all!
    Jami

9. 9 Addie September 10, 2009 at 10:01 pm

Our family could use continued prayer over my husband’s health, since May he has been dealing with some anxiety and seemed to appear out of nowhere and comes and goes. For him is seems to make him really dizzy and he’s been having trouble sleeping. God has answered many prayers through this season and He is showing his mercy and love on us, but it’s been a bit rough. We could also use prayer for our baby boy who’s due in February that he would stay healthy. Thank you! Looking forward to getting to know you all better through this blog!

10. 10 Ashley L September 11, 2009 at 4:10 am

Hi Julie, Jami, and Addie! I am praying for all of you! Julie, I’m pretty familiar with lots of ways to pray for you as we both are at the same spot! Jami, I’ve been praying for your and your team as you experience loss. I will pray for you as you also go through seeing a team member move away. What a hard time. I pray that the Lord is your peace and comfort and that He speaks lovingly to each of you during this time. Addie, I’ll be praying for you too! I’ll be praying for you husband’s health and for these troubles to resolve. Praise God for your baby boy! Praying for a smooth pregnancy!

11. 11 family legal aid solicitors October 1, 2014 at 8:13 pm

When some one searches for his necessary thing, thus
    he/she needs to be available that in detail, therefore that thing is maintained
    over here.

12. 12 domestic violence solicitor dagenham October 1, 2014 at 10:56 pm

I’m amazed, I must say. Seldom do I come across a blog that’s both equally educative and entertaining, and let me tell you,
    you’ve hit the nail on the head. The problem is something too few people are
    speaking intelligently about. Now i’m very happy that I stumbled across this during my search
    for something concerning this.

13. 13 child and family lawyers October 1, 2014 at 10:58 pm

Thanks for sharing your info. I truly appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for
    your next write ups thanks once again.

1. 1 Praying For One Another « Missionary Moms Trackback on October 7, 2009 at 1:13 pm