The Best Cleaning Product Ever

eraser_extra_power_product

Ok, so most of you are going to think I am offically crazy to be devoting a whole post (ok, so really only about a 3 minute post) to preaching the gospel of Mr. Clean’s Extra Power Magic Eraser. I just tried it out this morning though, and the world must know about this amazing product! It can get almost anything off of almost any surface with nearly zero effort! I was thinking of the nasty grout in our first apartment in Russia how all of our bathing life there could have been revolutionized by this very suitcase friendly cleaning tool. Seeing as we are moving to a new apartment and I have no idea what condition the walls, floors, and grout will be in, I am planning on padding all of the fragile items in my luggage on our way back with these priceless gems.

Call this perhaps my most random post ever, but as you know, I love suggesting helpful resources. This certainly was helpful to me this morning as I easily wiped away my son’s crayon creation from all over the kitchen floor! Happy cleaning!

(Also, for those interested, the next Missionary Mom Monday topic will be “Comparison.” I look forward to discussing this topic with you!)

9 Responses to “The Best Cleaning Product Ever”

1. 1 Barbara June 6, 2009 at 6:54 am

Hi Ashley, I’m new here, but I already have got your blog in my blogroll (I’m “collecting” missionary blogs) 🙂

So this man is called “Mr. Clean” – I always wondered what his original name might be, because here in Germany it is “Meister Proper” which is very German *s*

2. 2 Thursday's Child June 6, 2009 at 10:26 am

Over here we get the ones made by Vileda. They’re wonderful. Especially with little ones who occasionally decide to use the wall instead of paper for their artwork.

They were also great when cleaning our apartment in Lebanon to move into.

3. 3 Gina Marie June 6, 2009 at 11:33 pm

Those things are gold! I remember when someone brought one over for me and I went crazy washing all the walls in my house. Do you get a lot of products from Japan in Russia? Because here I can get the Japanese brands (there are several) that are the same.

4. 4 Missionary Moms June 7, 2009 at 3:43 am

Ok, so am I officially the only one on the earth who has missed out on this genius cleaning secret?! That is so cool that they are seemingly everywhere! We don’t get a lot of stuff from Japan in Russia, but perhaps we have something like this. I wouldn’t have known what to look for until my wonderful sister-in-law introduced them to me, but now I’ll keep my eyes out for the Russian equivalent. Better safe than sorry though, so I am still packing a load of them in my bags this August!

5. 5 montyandmarie June 7, 2009 at 4:50 am

I love this post….so practical, Ashley! I have never heard of this, but I better stock up with 2 crazy lil ones. I wonder if it would get the dried prune babyfood off more easily that is glued to our kitchen walls?

6. 6 Melinda June 9, 2009 at 9:38 pm

My friend introduced this to me about 3 years ago and I love it! Scrubbing tubs and crayon covered coffee tables is actually fun for me with this product–it cleans things so easily (and without chemicals)!

7. 7 Susan June 15, 2009 at 5:20 am

Don’t apologize. Interesting…I’ll have to try to pack some in my suitcase to take back to Japan. Have you ever heard of Fels Neplath (sorry, I forgot the exact spelling, but can be found at most US grocery stores I think)…it’s a little bar of soap for getting laundry stains out. IF it is coming out, Fels will get it. I always put several in my suitcase to take back to Japan.

Susan

8. 8 Michael May 17, 2010 at 6:32 pm

We like the magic eraser too We were pleased to find it cleaned one of our office copy machines real nice and took the scuff marks off of the walls without removing the paint.

9. 9 home cleaning businesses June 2, 2013 at 6:05 pm

Right now it sounds like Movable Type is the top blogging platform
    out there right now. (from what I’ve read) Is that what you’re using on your blog?