Photo Challenge: Kids and Culture

Children and culture are in my opinion two of the most amazing reflections of God’s beauty and creativity. I wanted to invite each of you to participate in an upcoming photo challenge where we will all have the opportunity to submit pictures of our children (or children in our community) in the cultural setting in which we live. Please email your picture and a brief title for your picture to formissionarymoms@gmail.com.  Also, let me know if I can put your name by the photo, if you would prefer to be anonymous, and/or if you would like me to link your photo to your blog. I will put them together in a post, or multiple posts depending on how many submissions there are. I can’t wait to see your photos! The deadline for submissions is April 9th (one week from today).

Here are a couple of my daughter just as a examples:

babushkiWith beautiful Russian babushkas

tiresPainted tires on the playground

happy-kiddosRussian/Uzbek friends

10 Responses to “Photo Challenge: Kids and Culture”

1. 1 alatvala April 3, 2009 at 12:33 pm

The pictures are starting to come in and they are looking great!!! Keep them coming!

2. 2 Kim April 3, 2009 at 5:39 pm

These are sooo cute. I can’t wait to see more!

3. 3 Stonefox April 4, 2009 at 3:10 am

How fun! Be on the lookout for mine!

4. 4 Janice Phillips April 6, 2009 at 9:19 pm

/Users/timphillips/Desktop/DCAM0078.JPG I don’t know if this will work, this is our daughter Mikaylah at her first day of school in Niamey, Niger, West Central Africa.

5. 5 Janice Phillips April 6, 2009 at 9:20 pm

okay that totally didn’t work, how do you submit a photo??

6. 6 alatvala April 7, 2009 at 3:25 am

Hi Janice! I am excited to see your photo! Just email it to: formissionarymoms@gmail.com along with a brief title. Also, let me know if I can use your name, if you would like to be anonymous, and/or if you would like me to link to your own personal blog. Take care!
    ~Ashley

7. 7 RebeccaC April 8, 2009 at 9:51 pm

My picture should be in your inbox. Can’t wait to see the other submissions!

8. 8 Jungle Mom April 10, 2009 at 1:37 am

I have tried repeatedly to send my photo but it bounces back. Is there another email address I might use? Or could I refer you to the photo on a blog post where you could save it ?

1. 1 Don’t forget! « Missionary Moms Trackback on April 6, 2009 at 3:02 am
  2. 2 Praying For One Another « Missionary Moms Trackback on April 8, 2009 at 10:47 am