Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

cookies

Today I am going to give away one of my secrets to keeping the love alive in our marriage. . . Amazing peanut butter chocolate chip cookies!  I hope and pray that you have the ingredients available where you are!  If you don’t regularly have P.B., here is a great use for that next prized jar that comes your way as a gift. This recipe is a result of much experimentation, and according to my husband, we’ve perfected it. So, here you go:

Perfect Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies

** *** Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, or on a Russian oven, somewhere between “big flame” and “little flame.” (Ok, sorry if that is only funny to those of you with this incredibly precise form of temperature regulation.)

Step 1:

1/2 C brown sugar

1/3 C granulated sugar

1 egg

1/3 C of butter , softened

3/4 C creamy peanut butter

***** Cream these ingredients together. I do it by hand until it is smooth.

Step 2:

1 C flour

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

***** mix these ingredients thoroughly into the previous ingredients. I also do this by hand, so it is possible.

Step 3:

1 C chocolate chips or chopped semi-sweet chocolate bars

*****mix these in last

Step 4:

Form balls of about 2 TBSP worth of dough and slightly flatten them on a cookie sheet. The cookies don’t spread a ton while they bake, but the do somewhat. Bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until they are ever so slightly browned on the bottom edge. They are best when they are still really soft inside! We wash our eggs with soap first so we don’t have to worry as much about them being fully cooked.

8 Responses to “Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies”

1. 1 jami March 4, 2009 at 7:05 am

This looks just like a recipe I use. I make a double batch and then keep the dough in the refrigerator. If people stop in or if we want warm, fresh cookies, it only takes 10 minutes to pop them in the oven (sometimes I’ll even freeze a roll of it in seran wrap and then slice it into pieces.) I agree- you can’t beat PB chocolate chip cookies!!

2. 2 alatvala March 4, 2009 at 9:01 am

Nice! Good idea about freezing them and also on making a double batch. I need to start doing that. I wish I could say that we were good about saving the dough to offer to guests, but more often than not, we eat it all ourselves! (Shhh!) Yeah, this is a tweeked version of a different recipe that I used for awhile. Basically just more PB, slightly less butter, less sugar, and less flour than the original…. The gooier the better!

3. 3 Jen March 4, 2009 at 4:14 pm

Wow… the top secret recipe! I can’t wait to try something that you guys talk about and love so much. We’ll have to make it for Latvala night and perfect it with our oven when you’re here. How fun!

4. 4 Jody McComas March 5, 2009 at 3:26 am

You’re doing a great job with your blog. I love reading it and find it really helpful even though I’m not overseas. I also can’t wait to try your cookies!

5. 5 Http://Worm-Hole.De/ January 19, 2013 at 3:51 pm

Hi would you mind stating which blog platform you’re using? I’m looking to start my own blog in the near future but I’m having a hard time selecting between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs and I’m looking for something unique.
    P.S Sorry for getting off-topic but I had to ask!

6. 6 http://vim-fr.org/ January 19, 2013 at 8:51 pm

Hi there, just wanted to say, I enjoyed this article.

It was inspiring. Keep on posting!

1. 1 Chocolate Chip Cookies!! THE BAKEOFF « Cooking Devushki Trackback on October 13, 2010 at 6:02 pm
  2. 2 Chocolate Chip Cookies!! THE BAKEOFF | Cooking Devushki Trackback on July 24, 2012 at 5:41 pm